I.CAN’T.WAIT.FOR.FALL. Although the first official day of fall is not till 9/23, I am going to declare 9/1 as the official start of fall in this house. I was so excited when I was out running errands this weekend and saw all kinds of fall decorations. Pier One and Homegoods are totally loaded down with super cute things for the home and yard. Plus I got my very first Pumpkin Latte of the season from Starbucks today!! I’ve always loved this time of year, but I especially love it now that we live in B’ham because the colorful leaves and cooler weather make it all that more lovely. And of course living in the heart of the SEC is pretty much the best thing ever when football season rolls around.
TOP TEN REASONS WHY FALL ROCKS
1. Candy corn…I know you can technically get this stuff year round, but I swear it tastes better this time of year
2. Boots…I stare (and sometimes foam at the mouth) at my boots collection throughout the summer, just waiting for that first cool day where I can bust them out. I am totally itching for these new Fryes.
3. Making fires in the fireplace
4. Pumpkin lattes and apple cider at Starbucks…MMMMMMM!!
5. Changing leaves…I also like how they crunch under my feet when I am running
6. Fall festivals, preferably ones with hayrides:)
7. Opening up the windows in the house and car
8. TV shows are back…welcome back Vampire Diaries, Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters! I missed all the drama.
9. Picking pumpkins at Old Baker Farm
10. And of course…FOOTBALL!!! We’ll be in Atlanta for LSU’s opener against UNC this weekend…Geaux Tigers!!