Totally forgot to post this yesterday…was having too much fun with our visitors:) Since it was Thanksgiving and since my favorites have pretty much consisted of edible things this week, I am going to do my 5 Favorite Thanksgiving Foods.
1. Cornbread dressing….I use this recipe from Southern Living (with a few swaps-cream of celery soup instead of chicken, egg substitute, and Earth Balance instead of butter) and highly recommend it. It’s delicious and it cooks in the crock pot which is super convenient.
2. Corn pudding….just mix together 1 can creamstyle corn, 1 can whole kernel corn (drained), 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix, 8 oz. sour cream, and 1/4 cup butter melted; pour in greased casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. YUMMM!!
3. Fruit salad….in large bowl mix together 1 can peach pie filling, 1 box frozen strawberries in juice (thawed and slightly drained), 1 can pineapple chunks (drained), 1 large can mandarin oranges (drained), 2 apples (cored and diced), 1 cup purple grapes, and 2 bananas sliced (add these right before serving). Serve chilled.
4. Tofurkey! I don’t like to eat a lot of packaged “meat” products, but I love treating myself to this once a year.
5. Chocolate Covered Cherry Pie….there is NOTHING healthy about this pie, but it is to die for. Get the recipe here. Thank me later.