I have a pretty well rounded little list today…wine, pizza, TV show, spending time with friends and carbs, movie, book. Yep, that about sums up my favorite things. This of course assuming my favorite guy and my favorite fur babies are involved 🙂
* The Naked Grape…a really great collection of wines that are under $10 (in fact, right now they are on sale at Target for $8). I have to admit that we tend to pick our wines based on the label. I know wine enthusiasts would probably turn their noses up at this little theory, but it has worked so far! We figure if the winery takes the time and money to come up with an eye catching, classy label, they probably put that kind of thought in to their wine making. Anyways, that’s how we picked this wine on a whim one night and it was a great find. We like the pinot noir the best:)
* Whole Foods pizza. We are addicted. How have we never tried this considering we are at WF all the time?! Seriously y’all, it’s the best pizza ever. One of those things I really and truly crave. It goes really well with Naked Grape pinot🙂 Our WF has a cool pizza cafe, so check and see if yours does too.
* Mad Men. We never really watched this, but with so many of our shows on hiatus right now, we started renting the past seasons and have really gotten hooked. I love the characters and the whole NYC scene. We are about to start season 3 and plan to be all ready for season 5 by the time it comes out. Good stuff.
* Breakfast and morning movie date with girlfriends tomorrow! Finally going to see The Help, but only after we fill up on bagels, scones and coffee…mmmmm.
* And to round it out, my latest book, State of Wonder by Ann Patchett. In a nutshell it’s about a pharmaceutical researcher, Dr. Singh, who heads into the Amazon jungle to find the remains and effects of a colleague who recently died under somewhat mysterious circumstances. The review in People magazine said that you would desperately want to call in sick to work so you could stay home and read. I agree. It’s that good.