Since Fall television is underway we have been busy trying to figure out what old but goodies we will continue to watch, which new shows are worth our coveted time, and which ones don’t deserve a second glance. I am very picky when it comes to TV time. I really don’t like spending a lot time in front of boob tube….and I don’t particularly have a lot of free time to watch it anyways. Therefore I like to pick 5 or so shows for the week. Of course we usually DVR and watch them in our own time. What did we ever do without DVR?! I guess the same things we did without cell phones and Snuggies (two very important inventions if I do say so).
Any-who, here are (in my opinion of course) the top 5 fall TV shows right now…
* Desperate Housewives. I have watched this since the very first season, and there’s really no point in stopping now, especially since we will be saying adios to the ladies of Wisteria Lane after this season. I love the frivolous drama on this show. Sunday nights at 8 on ABC.
* Boardwalk Empire. There is nothing not good about this show set in the roaring 20s. It’s one of the few that we do not DVR because we can’t wait to watch it. Steve Buschemi is amazing, although I still sometimes have a hard time not picturing him as “Crazy Eyes” in Mr. Deeds and then Michael Pitt as “Henry” who was all about Jen a’la Dawson’s Creek. Sundays at 8 on HBO.
* Cake Boss. I’m not a big fan of reality TV, but I do love this show. I love how the Valastro family always has each others’ backs and they seem to celebrate anything and everything together. This is the epitome of a family owned and operated business. I actually got to try some treats from Carlo’s Bakery and they were delicious! Mondays at 9 on TLC
* American Horror Story. O.M.G. This show is bizarre, disturbing and risque all in one. Can’t.take.my.eyes.away.from.television. I don’t know how FX gets away with this. It belongs on a pay channel. All I’m going to say is that it involves a naughty french maid that is actually a very old woman with a funky eye, a creepy child next door that has down syndrome, and a man in full on black leather suit. Yeah, craaaazy. With that being said, it’s suspenseful, creative and unlike anything else on TV. Wednesdays at 9 on FX.
* Modern Family. If you have been missing out on this show you are not laughing nearly enough. Cam seriously gets me rolling, as does Gloria and her “Jaaaaaaaaay.” I am a little disappointed that Lily is no longer a cute little baby, but I guess even TV characters have to grow up. Wednesdays at 8.
* It’s not back on until spring, but Justified is quite possibly one of the best shows on TV. There is a good chance we will name our first kid Raylan.
* We are also dying for the new season of Mad Men to start up in the spring after renting seasons 1-4 on DVD.
* Vampire Diaries. Don’t judge.
What shows are you loving right now?