Whew-we, what a week. It went fast (which is good), and I was only able to check very few things off my to-do list (which is bad). I don’t know which I would rather, (1) week goes by so fast that I don’t have time to get stuff done, or (2) week goes by super slow and I get everything checked off. I’m going with the former. Slow work/school weeks are no bueno.
I do have to spend my entire Saturday taking an exit exam. Booooo hiss.
Then I get to go home and watch my husband scream and throw stuff at the TV, the walls, random terrified dogs. In other words….the UK/Louisville game. I may rather be taking an exam. Both scenarios are equally disturbing. In all seriousness, I do hope the Cats kick the you-know-what out of those Cardinals. That Rick Pitino…he irks me. He reminds me of some sleazy, too much cologne wearing, pawn shop dealer.
Ok, so I guess I should get on to my faves of the week…
* Mad Men! Boy we missed this show while it was on hiatus. If you did watch, things of note….Did anyone else wonder why Betty was nowhere to be seen in the first episode? I cannot get that stupid “Zoobie” song out of my head. Did you see Larisa Oleynik a/k/a Alex Mack a/k/a Bianca Stratford from 10 Things I Hate About You??
* Pacific Redwood Organic Pinot. We tried this wine on a whim last weekend and couldn’t believe how good it was! Definitely a new go-to wine for us.
* My “green” smoothie breakfast. I’ve been making a smoothie every morning and it has really boosted my energy and keeps me full until lunch. My favorite recipe includes 6-8 large frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, BIG handful of baby spinach (at least a cup, packed), 1/2 scoop soy protein powder, packet of stevia and about a cup of flax seed milk. I stick it all in my Magic Bullet and blend away, adding more milk if necessary. It’s so good and healthy!
|Here’s another variation via Skinny Taste|
* Magazine-subscriptions-coming-in-the-mail-all-at-once day. I see these, a lawn chair, and a green monster in the very near future…
* And finally, this is just the sweetest video. The first minute is a little sad, but oh my word, what a happy ending for this sweet baby. God bless people like these.