* Our Whole Foods added this cookie bar to the bakery. It is magical.
* The WF cafe also just added their fall menu. Matt and I ate there the other night and I had the most delicious squash risotto. Going back today to try something else. The whole menu looks great.
* I watched October Baby the other night and, oh my goodness, what a tearjerker. This is a beautiful, albeit heartbreaking in some parts, movie. I definitely recommend everyone watch it. A lot of parts are filmed in B’ham, and I was excited to see our pastor and church get special recognition in the credits.
* I wore boots every day this week. I own exactly 5 pairs of boots, so this worked out nicely. My latest find were these babies off of Zulily for $45…over half off! Gotta love those daily deals.
* It’s Crockpotalooza Day over at Kelly’s Korner. Who doesn’t love a good crock pot recipe, especially now that the temps are dropping. I’ve shared this before, but it’s our favorite, so I’ll share it again. Go check out all the other recipes posted!
Creamy Tortellini Soup
(slightly adapted from Better Homes and Gardens)
1 envelope (1.5 oz) of white sauce mix
5 cups low sodium veggie broth
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced (I just use the minced from the jar)
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp cayenne (although I probably use more like 1/4 tsp…we like it hot!)
1 package (7-8 oz) dried whole wheat cheese tortellini (in refrigerated section)
12 oz can fat free evaporated milk
5 cups fresh spinach leaves
Fresh ground black pepper for taste
Fresh parm cheese, shredded
1. Place dry white sauce mix in a large slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, and cayenne.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
3. Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook another 45 minutes.
4. Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty bread. Makes 4 servings.