I know I’ve been MIA…just so many other things going on right now as we get closer to meeting our baby boy! In some respect it feels like the days are dragging, but then again Friday seems to get here so quickly every week. I’m still working, so that certainly makes the weeks fly. Tuesday will be my last day though, thankfully, as the long, busy days are getting to be a little rough.
Still patiently waiting though. My weekly checkups are on Mondays. This past one was hilarious because I was convinced something was going on. I was literally having contractions in the waiting room, and had been off and on the day before. We go back to the exam room and my OB does his thing and informs me that I am 0 cm. Not 1, not 2, not even .5. Just 0. Ha! I’ve been having contractions off and on this week as well, so I’ll be curious to see what he says this coming Monday.
Here’s a pic I snapped on my way to the gym the other day (in the bathroom nonetheless). As you can see, he’s dropped a lot…
Anyways, on to some faves as of late…
* I’m really loving these EOS lip balms. They are very moisturizing and the flavors are good. Plus I like the shape because it makes them easy to find in my handbag.
* The options we now have for labor/delivery style. I’m pretty excited about my snazzy hospital gown. Not only is it super cute, it’s also soft and smells nice since I was able to wash it with our own detergent and softener. In other words, it feels like home. On another note, I also have a fresh haircut, a few highlights and an eyebrow wax. No need in feeling frumpy nowadays, right?
* Have you had rocky road ice cream lately? I hadn’t had it in years, but we picked up a carton of Edy’s Slow Churned Light Rocky Road last weekend and, oh my, good stuff. Paired with a sugar cone, this is a yummy night time snack that’s not too bad in the calorie department.
* Prenatal massages. I’ve been LOVING them during this last trimester. Going for my last one this weekend. Just make sure you see someone that is qualified to do prenatal. It definitely takes some special technique and maneuvering.
* Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Baby detergent. We’ve washed all of Baby Asher’s clothing, blankets, sheets, burp cloths, etc. in this and I swear if I close my eyes and inhale, I can almost imagine snuggling a wee little baby. I wish they made Yankee Candles in this scent.