Age: 2 months
Weight: 11 lbs (50th percentile)
Length: 23 inches (50th percentile)
Head circumference: 15.5 inches (50th percentile)
Clothing size: 3 months, and sometimes they are a little snug too. I had to put up all the newborn and 0-3 month size clothing:-( Still in size 1 diapers.
Milestones: Had his 2 month shots this morning. It was awful! He just cried a little, but I bawled. He smiled for me (for real) right at 6 weeks. Usually if you smile at him, he’ll smile back. He especially loves to smile at himself in the mirror. We went to the pool for the first time and he seemed to like it. Can roll from his stomach to his back. He hates tummy time, so he usually starts trying to roll over pretty quickly. He slept through the night for the first time on 6/17, which was crazy because every night before that he was still taking two feedings during the night. He reverted back for several days, but he has slept through the night (11 hours!) for the past 3 nights in a row. Really hoping this is his new norm. We also transitioned him from his swaddle to a sleep sack and he was a champ about it. Finally, I seriously think he is starting to teeth a little. He’s drooling like crazy and chewing on his hands and arms. He has bruises on his arm from gnawing so hard, and he gave me a hickey on my shoulder. I didn’t think it happened this early on, but our ped said some babies start around 2 months, so we’ll see.
Sleep: He goes down for the night between 8:00-8:30 (we start the whole bedtime routine around 7) and as mentioned above, he has been sleeping for 11 hours. If he does wake up, he’ll eat a little and then usually go back down for a few more hours. During the day he usually takes a good morning nap and an afternoon nap in my Moby, his swing, or sometimes in our big bed while I nap too. Lately I’ve been working on getting him to nap in his crib. He does fight sleep. I pretty much always have to nurse him to sleep, but that’s ok:-)
Eating: Nurses about every 2-3 hours during the day. He can go 11-12 hours at night.
- Going for walks in his stroller. He loves being outside, except when he gets hot.
- Playing on his owl play mat.
- Being in my Moby wrap.
- Looking at ceiling fans. Child is mesmerized.
- Bath time. He loves it!
- Being wrapped in a blanket and snuggled.
- Listening to the running shower.
- Being held close so he can hear your heart beat.
- Being sung to, or just being talked to in general. When he’s awake I’m pretty always much always talking to him. I think I have permanent baby voice.
- Other babies and toddlers. He loves our weekly breast feeding group since there are lots of other babies there.
- Looking out the window.
- Watching the Baby First channel on DirectTV, or as we call it, his “shows.” He watches in the morning while I am fixing my breakfast.
- Being hot. Hate to break it to him that it’s summer and we live in Alabama.
- Car rides. He starts off ok, but after about 15 minutes he starts pitching a fit. I don’t know if it’s because he gets hot (see above) or because he can’t really see anything. He definitely prefers to see the world.
- His crib during the day. He sleeps fine in it at night, but wakes pretty quickly if I try to get him to nap in it during the day.
- Tummy time.
- The nose sucker.
- Diaper changes, although the wipes warmer has helped a little.
- Taking his Zantac. I can’t blame him though…it tastes terrible.
- Gas. Man, he screams bloody murder when he’s trying to pass it. Feel so bad for him.