We love you even more this month than we did last month. I have a feeling this is going to be a trend:-)
Age: 3 months
Weight: Unofficially (me standing on the scale with him) 12-1/2 lbs
Length: No clue, but I would guess 24 inches
Head circumference: No clue since his 2 month checkup
Clothing size: 3 month for the most part, with a few 3-6 months mixed in. Still in size 1 diapers.
Milestones: Went on his first vacation to the beach over the July 4th week. It was interesting. Definitely a whole different type of vacation for Matt and me! Went to church for the first time on July 7th. He loved the music, but then seemed to get a little overwhelmed (our church is huge and very loud), so we spent a lot of time in the mother’s room. The past two Sundays we checked him in to the nursery and he did great! Rolled from his back to his stomach one night while in his crib. Scared us to death when we woke up and he was sleeping soundly on his belly clear on the other end of his crib. He’s becoming very vocal and makes all kinds of funny “talking” noises. He’s also smiling a lot more and has the beginning stage of a laugh. I guess the biggest milestone was starting “school” on July 22nd. He is doing GREAT! It sounds like he is getting more and more accustomed everyday (as is mama). I’m so proud of him for adjusting so well.
Sleep: He usually goes down for the night at 7:30 (we start the whole bedtime routine around 7) and sleeps till 6:30! We’ve started putting him in his crib still awake (I used to nurse/rock him to sleep) and besides fussing a little at first, he’s learned to put himself to sleep. If he does wake up earlier than normal, he’ll eat a little and then usually go back down. During the day he generally takes several cat naps. He still fights those daytime naps. If only he could just realize that he’s so sleepy.
Eating: Takes 5-6 oz of pumped milk in a bottle every 3 hours at school. I still nurse him in the morning, when I get home from work and then at bedtime. Don’t tell our pediatrician, but we also add a little rice cereal to a bottle with 3 oz of breast milk and give that to him at night. He loves it and I think that little “something extra” helps him stay full at night.
- Going for walks in his stroller, or pretty much anything outside.
- Car rides…finally!
- Being in the Ergo, although it takes him a little bit to settle down at first.
- Bright colors.
- Bath time. He loves it!
- The pool. We go several times a week. He’s such a little water bug!
- Listening to the running shower. He LOVED the sound of the ocean too.
- Being held and walked around.
- Being sung to, or just being talked to in general. When he’s awake we’re pretty much always talking to him. I think I have permanent baby voice.
- Other babies and toddlers.
- Riley and Maddux
- Looking at himself in the mirror.
- Blowing spit bubbles.
- Sitting on the couch with the Boppy. He thinks he’s a big boy.
- Watching the Baby First and Disney Jr. channels, or as we call it, his “shows.”
- Being hot. Hate to break it to him that it’s summer and we live in Alabama.
- Napping during the day. He sleeps great at night, but only cat naps during the day.
- Tummy time.
- The nose sucker. He always has boogies up there though!
- Taking his Zantac. I can’t blame him though…it tastes terrible.
- Gas. Man, he screams bloody murder when he’s trying to pass it. Feel so bad for him.
- Burping. He hates the process, but always feels better after he does.
- I’m not positive, but he seems to be extra fussy when it’s storming out.
|He was not too interested in having a photo shoot this morning|
|Whoa! I’ve been here for 3 months?!|