We are really noticing some changes in you right now. You seem to be growing and changing so fast, and your little personality is really developing. It’s funny as I start to see some of my traits and some of your daddy’s traits in you. For one thing you are SO impatient. You want things done yesterday. I wonder where you get that from;) Boy can you ever throw some temper tantrums when we aren’t quick enough, or when you don’t have things exactly how you want them. A little OCD perhaps? I wonder where you get that from too;) Other things you do that remind me of myself are the way you fold your hands together over your belly when you’re relaxing, how you spread and stretch your toes out, how you love to sleep and don’t like staying up late, and how you love to be talked to. Are “words of affirmation” going to be your Love Language as well? You remind me of your daddy because you have this little mischievous smile and you are so outgoing. I don’t think you have met a stranger that you didn’t like. I have a feeling you are going to be a rounder and the life of the party. Nanny is always telling stories about the mischief your daddy got in to as a little boy, and I think you will be like that too.
Age: 4 months
Weight: 14 lbs, 12.5 oz (50th percentile)
Length: 26.5 inches (90th percentile)
Head circumference: 17 inches (75th percentile)
Clothing size: 3-6 months fits pretty good. Teetering between size 1 and size 2 diapers.
Milestones: Holding his head up really well, particularly during tummy time, which I didn’t think would ever happen. Sits/lounges in his float in the pool. Can sit up in a Bumbo seat and a jumperoo. Had his first babysitter at night so we could go out…he did great and loved her! Has discovered his feet. Starting to find his voice and will let out these funny squeals. Switched daycares with little issue (long story…) and seems to be doing great. Naps well at daycare and is having so much fun with Ms. Vicki and Ms. Harriett. Recognizing faces and usually smiles when I pick him up in the afternoon. Starting to notice “real food” now and really pays attention when I’m eating while holding him. Puts himself to sleep like a big boy at night.
Sleep: We try to start bedtime routine at 7, and get him down around 7:30. I wish he would stay up later, but he’s definitely ready for bed by then. After bath, lotion, massage, pj’s and sleep sack, I nurse him, give him a little rice cereal, burp him, and then lay him right down. He’ll talk to himself a little and suck on his fingers and then he’s out. He’s such a great sleeper. If he wakes up during the night, he’ll usually put himself back to sleep. Just this past week he’s started waking up around 3 or 4 and is starving. I hear this is common for this age and is probably a growth spurt. We’ve been so spoiled, so we’re hoping it’s just a phase that will pass soon:-)
Eating: He’s an eater for sure! Takes a total of 18 oz of pumped milk at school, spread out over 4 bottles. I still nurse him in the morning and then at bedtime. He still loves his nightly rice cereal. Besides the cereal, we plan to just do some baby led weaning and wait until he really starts to show interest in food, which I actually think is coming soon. I usually snack on something while I’m nursing him, but he’s starting to get really distracted by what I’m eating, forgetting about the task at hand.
- Going for walks in his stroller, or pretty much anything outside.
- Car rides. He takes really good naps during them.
- Sucking on his hands.
- Playing with his soft “jingle” blocks.
- Playing on his owl play mat and reaching for the animals.
- Bright colors.
- The mobile above his crib.
- Bath time. He’s started to kick his legs in the water and it’s so cute!
- The pool, especially now that he has his float.
- Being held and walked around.
- Being sung to, read to, or just being talked to in general.
- Other babies and toddlers.
- Riley and Maddux.
- Looking at himself in the mirror.
- Blowing spit bubbles.
- Napping/nursing in bed with me when we get home from work and school.
- Sitting on the couch with the Boppy. He thinks he’s a big boy.
- Watching the Baby First and Disney Jr. channels, or as we call it, his “shows.”
- The evening hours, right before bedtime…his “witching hour.”
- Being hot.
- He still puts up a fight over daytime naps.
- Still not overly crazy about being on his tummy for more than a few minutes.
- The nose sucker. He always has boogies up there though!
- All of a sudden decided he doesn’t like the Ergo.
- He’s much better about it, but still not crazy about taking his Zantac.
- Gas. Man, he screams bloody murder when he’s trying to pass it. Feel so bad for him.
- Burping. He hates the process, but always feels better after he does.
|The monthly pictures are getting a little more difficult as Mr. Busybody is all over the place|
|Attempted later in the day…again, not very successful|
|Love my little man:-)|