You are growing and changing so fast. You are really starting to play now and it’s so funny to watch your little personality become more and more apparent. You are so funny and mischievious and your smile and laugh is infectious. You’re also very loving and you like to snuggle and be held close. Still a mama’s boy and if I am anywhere near you, you want to be in my arms or lap.
Age: 8 months
Weight: 18 lbs, 13 oz
Length: Maybe close to 29 inches?
Head circumference: Somewhere around 18/19 inches
Clothing size: 9 months or 6-12 months depending on the brand. Size 3 diapers.
Milestones: In addition to his two bottom teeth, he now has his two top teeth. He likes to click them and touch them with his fingers. “Talks” all the time and has the sweetest voice ever. Says “dadadadada” over and over, but we don’t know if it’s intentional. Sits in a high chair now when we go out to eat and LOVES to eat off my plate and try new foods. Sits in the bath tub like a big boy and plays with his many toys. Scoots and rolls all over the place while playing, but still not officially crawling. Sits up in crib when he wakes up (had to lower the crib). Can pull up to standing. More independent now and will sit and play with his toys quietly. Visited Santa. Celebrated his first Thanksgiving and Christmas and met several new family members.
Sleep: We had another curve ball thrown at us, ha! AW likes to keep us guessing and he likes to particpate in all the known sleep regressions;) Although he’ll sometimes sleep all night, it’s not consistent and he prefers to have a little mommy time at least once. While I was in NYC, daddy practiced a little sleep training, and was actually pretty successful, but traveling over the holidays totally threw him for a loop. Combine that with another double ear infection, a cold and teething, and we had a baby that was not too interested in sleeping. I’m such a sucker. I can’t stand to think of him crying up in his room all by his lonesome, so it’s usually mommy to the rescue. Not to mention that while we were in KY over Christmas he slept in bed with me, which meant he had an all you can eat, all night buffet at his disposal. Needless to say we have some habits to break:\
Update: as of this week he’s back to his good sleeping habits! Praise the Great Lion of Judah!!
Eating: Still loves to eat and will try just about anything. Takes a total of 18 oz of pumped milk at school, spread out over 4 bottles, and eats a YoBaby yogurt and some sort of fruit or veggie. Besides what he gets at school, I still nurse him in the morning, when I get home from work and then at bedtime, and during the night if he wakes up. We also give him a little supper as well, which is usually some version of whatever we are eating, or I just let him eat off my plate. Too many new foods to name, but off the top of my head I can think of tofu, dumplings, quinoa, edamame, brown rice noodles, sauteed kale, green beans, navy beans, black beans, pumpkin…he’ll eat anything! We like to go to Whole Foods because that allows him to try different things off the hot bar. He loves solid foods, but nursing is still his favorite by far.
- Standing (with our assistance of course).
- Rough housing with daddy.
- Laying in bed with mama and daddy on Saturday and Sunday mornings, watching cartoons.
- Being tickled, or when we “get his belly”.
- Going for walks in his stroller, or pretty much anything outside. Loves to people watch!
- Swinging at the park.
- Riding in the car.
- Sitting on his play mat with lots of toys around him.
- Playing on his “piano” and his exersaucer/activity gym.
- His teachers Miss Vicki and Miss Harriett…loves them!
- Bath time. He loves to splash and kick in the water and play with his bath toys.
- Being sung to, read to, or just being talked to in general. His favorite songs are the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and “Patty Cake.”
- Other babies and toddlers. He loves to be around people in general.
- Riley and Maddux.
- Sitting in his swing and watching the Baby First and Disney Jr. channels, or as we call it, his “shows.” His favorites are Peek-a-boo, The Notekins, VocabuLarry, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins.
- Eating! He especially loves going to restaurants and trying food off my plate.
- The evening hours, right before bedtime…his “witching hour.”
- Sitting in one place for too long.
- Being hot.
- Getting out of the bath and getting ready for bed.
- The nose sucker. Screams.bloody.murder.
- Being woken up early from a nap.
- Being tired.