Words I would use to describe you are affectionate, assertive, energetic, confident, head strong and determined. You want what you want, when you want it. I can’t talk though, because I know EXACTLY where you get these traits from. We are going to have to learn to rein in that strong personality. Future attorney?;) You can have quite the little temper. Boy are you ever sweet and affectionate though. You love to give me big, open mouth kisses and you still love to snuggle. It’s funny because you already have your daddy and I pinned. You reach for mommy when you’re upset or scared. You know I will baby you and make a fuss. You love to play with your daddy though. Rough housing with daddy is one of your favorite things:-) We adore you sweet boy!
No checkup this month, so I’ll do my best with measurements.
Age: 10 months
Weight: Probably close to 22 lbs
Length: Close to 29 in
Head circumference: 18.75 in
Clothing size: 12 months or 6-12 months depending on the brand. Moved up to size 4 diapers.
Milestones: 6 teeth (4 on the top, 2 on the bottom)…we have to brush them now. Really fast crawler. Pulls up with ease and has stood on his own a few times. Can open cabinets and turn on the bath tub faucet. Traveled with mommy only (ok, maybe this was more of a milestone for mommy) to Sarasota for a week long vacation. Celebrated his first Valentine’s Day. Recognizes and shows preference for favorite toys. Got his first boo-boo, a cut below his eye, which has been quickly been followed by several other bumps and bruises. Typical boy!
Sleep: Generally sleeps 8pm-6am. I so wish he would sleep later than 6, but he always wakes up ready to go around that time every morning. He is sleeping through the night pretty consistently, so I guess I can’t complain. I haven’t had to nurse him during the night for awhile now (although I still wake multiple times during the night to check on him…when I will actually start sleeping through the night I’m not entirely sure). At daycare he takes one long afternoon nap, but at home he takes two, sometimes three, naps.
Eating: Still nursing well, but it has decreased some as his solid food intake continues to increase. We did go through a little nursing strike that lasted a few days, but he got over it. Takes a total of 15 oz of pumped milk at school, spread out over 3 bottles, but he doesn’t always finish them. He’s still eating from the cafeteria and he loves everything. There’s nothing, except honey, that we won’t let him have. Favorite foods are blueberry waffles with butter and syrup (his usual breakfast), pancakes, blueberries, strawberries, yogurt, fish, macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, ravioli, veggie straws, puffs, vanilla wafers, goldfish crackers, pretty much any fruit or veggie.
- Crawling all over the place.
- Pulling up to standing.
- Rough housing with daddy.
- Laying in bed with mama and daddy in the mornings, watching cartoons.
- Being tickled, or when we “get his belly”.
- Going for walks in his stroller, or pretty much anything outside. Loves to people watch!
- Swinging at the park.
- His teachers Miss Vicki and Miss Harriett…loves them!
- Music and toys that make noise.
- Bath time. He loves to splash and kick in the water and play with his bath toys.
- Being sung to, read to, or just being talked to in general. His favorite songs are the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and “Patty Cake” and any of the theme from his favorite shows.
- Other babies and toddlers. He loves to be around people in general.
- Riley and Maddux. He really loves to climb all over Riley and “play fetch.” He hands the ball to Riley and cracks up when Riley takes it. It’s hilarious!
- Watching his “shows.” His favorites are Peek-a-boo, Rainbow Horse, VocabuLarry, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins. He’s starting to get in to Jake and the Neverland Pirates as well.
- Eating! He especially loves going to restaurants and trying food off my plate.
- The evening hours, right before bedtime…his “witching hour.”
- Sitting in one place for too long.
- Being hot.
- Getting out of the bath and getting ready for bed.
- The nose sucker. Screams.bloody.murder.
- Being woken up early from a nap.
- Being tired.