Today, the very first day of 2015, I am thankful for….
* My family and friends. They are awesome and I am so blessed by them on a regular basis.
* My new Keurig 2.0. Mom and dad really hit the bulls-eye in picking a Christmas gift for me this year. I’m in love with this thing.
* My new cherry red Hunter rain boats. Matt also really hit the bulls-eye this year on my birthday gift. I’ve already worn these multiple times since the 21st and they are the only thing keeping me from cursing these repetitive rainy days we’ve been having.
* That we made it through the holidays with nary more than a runny nose (Asher Wade) and a scratchy throat (me). With all the sicknesses going around, I was certain one of us would come down with something. (I’ve actually been drinking this concoction whenever I start to feel a little iffy and I swear it works: 1 Tb unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar+1 Tb local honey+1 tsp cinnamon, all mixed in to 1 mug of warm water).
* Afternoon naps. I took a 2-hour one today and y’all, I can’t even tell you the last time I have done that. I’m talking I got in my pj’s (who I am kidding…I still hadn’t gotten out of my pj’s), closed all the blinds, turned on the fan and got in bed. At 1 o’clock in the afternoon. I slept till 3. I felt like a new person.
* This upcoming year. For whatever reason I feel like this is going to be a year of positive change and growth. Matt and I got in bed last night and discussed some goals…personal and family…and it was really encouraging and motivating to lay them out to each other and discuss how we were going to accomplish them. Not only will this help us to be accountable, but it will also encourage us to support each other as we strive to accomplish these goals. Bring it on 2015. I’m ready for you:-)
What are you thankful for today? What are you hoping to accomplish in 2015?
Happy New Year, friends! Praying it is full of peace, good health and happiness.