an Update….and then I will be back

Just dropping in a for a quick update because, well, it’s April, and before I know it, it will be May, so at least I’ll know I blogged in April:-)  Seriously though, I’ll be back soon with more updates once we get moved and settled.

I’m really excited to share some pictures of the new house, but since we haven’t moved in yet, I’ll probably wait to do that.  We closed a couple weeks ago, but have had some work done, and are continuing to do so (painting is going on as we speak and new carpet is going in the upstairs guest rooms next week), so we won’t be officially moving in until next weekend.  I can’t wait to get in there and decorate!  It’s one of those houses that’s just so fun to decorate and personalize.  The layout is really nice, there’s tons of hardwoods, rooms are big, and there are a lot of cool details like exposed brick, vaulted ceilings and eye-catching light fixtures.  I have all kinds of decorating and design ideas, and it’s hard to have to budget and start projects as we can afford them.  I just want to do and buy everything right now!

Standing in front of the new digs the day after we closed.

                    Standing in front of the new digs the day after we closed.

We've been frequenting Home Depot A LOT.

                                  We’ve been frequenting Home Depot A LOT.


This past weekend we took Asher Wade to Disney Jr. Live Pirates and Princesses (a/k/a Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Sofia the First).  We went in with low expectations about how long he would make it, but lo and behold he lasted all the way until the last 10 minutes or so.  He LOVED it!  Like squealing and clapping and bouncing up and down in his seat loved it.  The only downfall (if you are a boy mom like me) is that the princess portion came on first, so by the time Jake came on, he was starting to get a little antsy.  It was totally worth the outrageously priced tickets, snow cone, popcorn, lemonade, Jake flag and Jake plastic toy that broke literally 30 minutes after buying it.

IMG_6781 IMG_6786 IMG_6787 IMG_6790

Monday we had quite the adventure.  It actually started Sunday night.  I know parents are quick to say “Oh my kid didn’t sleep at all last night,” when really that means they didn’t sleep as soundly as usual.  Well, let me tell you, my kid didn’t sleep AT ALL on Sunday night.  Like, it was the worse night we’ve ever had with him.  He cried and wined all night, could not get comfortable, and was basically just a pitiful mess.  I figured he had an ear infection, and I was actually worried about strep throat because Matt and I had both been sick with colds and sore throats.  We knew something was wrong so as soon as they opened, I called the pediatrician to get him an appointment.  In the meantime Matt noticed that his thumb was looking all pussy and swollen, but Asher Wade often chews on his thumb when he’s upset, so we figured it was just from the night before.  We get to the pediatrician and she checks his ears.  Perfect.  Checks his throat.  Perfect.  Everything else looks perfect.  What the heck?  We mention his thumb in case she wants to prescribe some ointment.  “Umm, so that’s an abscess and it’s infected and likely very painful.  We are going to have to cut it open and drain it.”  Good times, let me tell you.  I actually had to leave the room because (1) I don’t do good with blood and puss, and (2) I can’t stand seeing my child held down for shots, let alone to have his finger cut open.  Supposedly he was very brave and had minimal tears.

Not to gross you out, but ouch!

IMG_6838 IMG_6839

No worries….an hour later he was back to himself;)

IMG_6828 IMG_6829


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s